Sunday, November 6, 2011

Letterboxing

I went letterboxing on November the 6th.  I went to East Woods.  My mom, dad, sister and I went to East Woods all together.
When you letterbox, you have to follow some clues.  The clues will lead you to something.  For example, at the second "Y" on the path, you will find a dead tree that looks like a pig.  It has three horns on its back.  Go to the third horn and count ten hands away from that.  Near that you will find a box.
Inside the box there was a notepad and a stamp.  You had to stamp the stamp into your own book and write a note in the notebook.
We found all five.  We found two "4s" because one of them was a replacement.
It was fun.  I hope I can do some again.  There are some in Essex and Williston and even in Colchester.  I might like to do one with my friend Sophia.  I think she might enjoy it and it was her dad who told us about it.
It was a great day and lots of fun.  Afterwards we went to Moe's for lunch and I got a Moo Moo Mister Cow.
I hope that those of you who are reading will try to letterbox someday.

2 comments:

Marc Whitman said...

Is that anything like geocaching?

MOCK! said...

As I have now learned, it is a low tech version of geocaching.